The long cherished;
New year is back again,
But with a change in number.
We like to hold on to the lovely moments of last year,
Wish to live in the past glory,
Yet; its the time to bid farewell to sad past,
Welcome the leap year with bliss.
Resolutions; as usual are made,
Hardly with a new one: for we
Never wanting to say good bye to the habits.
And Habits are very bad!
Unlike the past,
Would like to stand up strong: to resist
The storm of procrastination.
Wish you all a successful, happy and prosperous New Year.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Trick by Queeny Gona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki