Be The Light
Words written down for vengeance.
In between the blood flowing forms a sentence.
Tears are formed inside your eyes.
Heart broken I began to cry.
Pain does not hurt as much.
Throwing stones to break a grudge.
Below your feet burns the dust.
The cross is hammered with nails filled with rust.
Corroded stories tell the tales.
Before the train starts to derail.
Save tomorrow and save today.
Rumours are lies told by the black from a mouth.
The listeners crave the thirst by drought.
Ears are meant to hear the truth.
Music that harms will not heal and will never sooth.
Stay true to the stars and to the sky.
Be the light with love in your sights.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be The Light by Unic Cjonr )
- Birth Of Another Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone Nice, Ray Hansell
- Solitude, Ray Hansell
- Had you loved, Superman, All hearts call.., Oziyon LeDawn
- Dark Sea Of Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Poetry Is Where You Find It V, Frank Avon
- Godspeed, Heipeuding Ilunglung
- Different things in life anytime and any.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)