Be The Light
Words written down for vengeance.
In between the blood flowing forms a sentence.
Tears are formed inside your eyes.
Heart broken I began to cry.
Pain does not hurt as much.
Throwing stones to break a grudge.
Below your feet burns the dust.
The cross is hammered with nails filled with rust.
Corroded stories tell the tales.
Before the train starts to derail.
Save tomorrow and save today.
Rumours are lies told by the black from a mouth.
The listeners crave the thirst by drought.
Ears are meant to hear the truth.
Music that harms will not heal and will never sooth.
Stay true to the stars and to the sky.
Be the light with love in your sights.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be The Light by Unic Cjonr )
- Maternity, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Crematorium, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- unheard pleas, cheynne dries
- The Mild Tiger Among Wild Men, rajendran muthiah
- dont take your life, cheynne dries
- My Life, M.J Donnchadh
- The Living Mirror, Jessica Gabanyic
- caked mud on the doorbell, Mandolyn ...
- Magnificent Armada, Saiom Shriver
- What is final, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)