Be The Light
Words written down for vengeance.
In between the blood flowing forms a sentence.
Tears are formed inside your eyes.
Heart broken I began to cry.
Pain does not hurt as much.
Throwing stones to break a grudge.
Below your feet burns the dust.
The cross is hammered with nails filled with rust.
Corroded stories tell the tales.
Before the train starts to derail.
Save tomorrow and save today.
Rumours are lies told by the black from a mouth.
The listeners crave the thirst by drought.
Ears are meant to hear the truth.
Music that harms will not heal and will never sooth.
Stay true to the stars and to the sky.
Be the light with love in your sights.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be The Light by Unic Cjonr )
- The Coming Of Harmattan, Tony Adah
- Pursuing Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Innocense, ekta mudgal
- What Would Happen, IF I Were Unseen?, Mr. Nobody
- The Buried Past, David Lewis Paget
- Individual Predicaments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Limerick-1(GIRL-FRIEND OR GRANNY), Saheb Mohapatra
- Question Of Faith, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Into Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What's The Use?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Everything, Anna Akhmatova
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)