Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would be there to look and looking forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something.
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your boundaries.
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge.
Because it will build your strength.
Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary.
Because it means you've made a difference.
Pam Fraser's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: strength
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Thankful by Pam Fraser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp