Obed dela Cruz
Be Humble Even In Your Greatness
Even in your greatness.
Even if in you own the stars.
For in order to have the prize,
You must be humble to pay the price.
Your stars will not last forever.
Your crowns will not surely endure.
Yes, you may even have trophies
But it is not an excuse
To live a life being humble,
To be more than noble.
My friend, they whose pride
Is greater than what is right
Have already bought a home
In the hell’s zone.
They who boast of their riches
And are drunkards of foolishness
Have already perished
But I pray that they’ll be restored and not just punished.
They who forgot that they are humans
Are those whose pride reached the heavens
But they must be reminded
That they escape from being dread.
Let no one
Reach the sun
And burn there
And leave earth’s goodness forever.
Be humble even in your greatness.
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Humble Even In Your Greatness by Obed dela Cruz )
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
- Performing To Do Well, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wear a Cons Smile, Kevin Patrick
- Being aware, hasmukh amathalal
- Needed, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)