Obed dela Cruz
Be Humble Even In Your Greatness
Even in your greatness.
Even if in you own the stars.
For in order to have the prize,
You must be humble to pay the price.
Your stars will not last forever.
Your crowns will not surely endure.
Yes, you may even have trophies
But it is not an excuse
To live a life being humble,
To be more than noble.
My friend, they whose pride
Is greater than what is right
Have already bought a home
In the hell’s zone.
They who boast of their riches
And are drunkards of foolishness
Have already perished
But I pray that they’ll be restored and not just punished.
They who forgot that they are humans
Are those whose pride reached the heavens
But they must be reminded
That they escape from being dread.
Let no one
Reach the sun
And burn there
And leave earth’s goodness forever.
Be humble even in your greatness.
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Humble Even In Your Greatness by Obed dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton
- Shroud Of Smile, Rex mayor Ubini
- You, Jacob macharia
- नायहरदोँ आं गसंनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery
- Unloved Men Hate (and retards at the M.., Monk E. Biz