Be Happy, My Love
Try to be happy without me, my love,
It's not our fault we never met;
Though you're living in a lonely place
Try not to feel much regret.
Be happy, my love, try to be content
With whomever is sharing your life;
Don't think of the one you never met,
The one who should be your wife.
My love, try not to feel resentful,
Don't suffer for what cannot be;
Fate has been cruel and relentless
In its dealings with you and me.
Be happy, my love, hide your suffering,
In Life's Book, it's all written down,
We have our scripts and positions on Stage,
Soon the final curtain will come down.
Have faith, my love, keep believing
In second chances for you and me;
We'll stand together on that Glorious Stage,
Playing lovers for eternity!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Happy, My Love by Lora Colon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland