Be Happy, My Love
Try to be happy without me, my love,
It's not our fault we never met;
Though you're living in a lonely place
Try not to feel much regret.
Be happy, my love, try to be content
With whomever is sharing your life;
Don't think of the one you never met,
The one who should be your wife.
My love, try not to feel resentful,
Don't suffer for what cannot be;
Fate has been cruel and relentless
In its dealings with you and me.
Be happy, my love, hide your suffering,
In Life's Book, it's all written down,
We have our scripts and positions on Stage,
Soon the final curtain will come down.
Have faith, my love, keep believing
In second chances for you and me;
We'll stand together on that Glorious Stage,
Playing lovers for eternity!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Happy, My Love by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- This parts all without you, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Teen love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Nothing more than pain, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Uninvited sorrow, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)