Be Happy, My Love
Try to be happy without me, my love,
It's not our fault we never met;
Though you're living in a lonely place
Try not to feel much regret.
Be happy, my love, try to be content
With whomever is sharing your life;
Don't think of the one you never met,
The one who should be your wife.
My love, try not to feel resentful,
Don't suffer for what cannot be;
Fate has been cruel and relentless
In its dealings with you and me.
Be happy, my love, hide your suffering,
In Life's Book, it's all written down,
We have our scripts and positions on Stage,
Soon the final curtain will come down.
Have faith, my love, keep believing
In second chances for you and me;
We'll stand together on that Glorious Stage,
Playing lovers for eternity!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Happy, My Love by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon