Be Choosy About Change!
Old is gold
and so's I'm told
Don't be in a hurry
to have all antiques sold
For this old adage
Todate water it holds.
Indeed the good old days
had some good old ways.
So I'd rather not exchange
old lamps for new
lest I suffer as in Aladdin's tale
and lose everything of value.
For if I lose my old lamps
I haven't a genie to restore my loss
Thus beware of modernism's shams
Don't let 'change' be your boss.
We should know what best be preserved
So olden values are granted the respect thus deserved.
For some 'olds' are such pure golds
that like gold they never fade nor catch moulds
Likewise some golden traditions are real treasures
that can't be left behind to the past generation
in exchange for surface new pleasures
For that would be soil, oops nooh, soul and culture erosion
Pray keep some olden golden customs from such corrosion!
Ah the old mores
they might seem such bores
but it's they who make
the best folklores!
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Choosy About Change! by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Feeling Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Existing Transcendentally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Yam, Tony Adah
- What If a Poet Doesn't Like His Own Poet.., Monk E. Biz
- Forewarning Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PERFECTION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- I salute you, poets, gajanan mishra
- समनि नायथाय- 04, Ronjoy Brahma
- White elephant, gajanan mishra
- PROMISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov