Be Choosy About Change!
Old is gold
and so's I'm told
Don't be in a hurry
to have all antiques sold
For this old adage
Todate water it holds.
Indeed the good old days
had some good old ways.
So I'd rather not exchange
old lamps for new
lest I suffer as in Aladdin's tale
and lose everything of value.
For if I lose my old lamps
I haven't a genie to restore my loss
Thus beware of modernism's shams
Don't let 'change' be your boss.
We should know what best be preserved
So olden values are granted the respect thus deserved.
For some 'olds' are such pure golds
that like gold they never fade nor catch moulds
Likewise some golden traditions are real treasures
that can't be left behind to the past generation
in exchange for surface new pleasures
For that would be soil, oops nooh, soul and culture erosion
Pray keep some olden golden customs from such corrosion!
Ah the old mores
they might seem such bores
but it's they who make
the best folklores!
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Choosy About Change! by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 시흥오피 시화오피걸의 모든것 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- L.Messi 오피뷰 시흥오피 KTwiz 시화오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- WHY DOES LOVING YOU FEEL SO WRONG, Mpho Wordsworth Leteng
- Serve Me With Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Dorian, Edward Kofi Louis
- Alexi, Edward Kofi Louis
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 분당오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The well of Secrets, Kenneth Maswabi
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 부산오피 분당오피걸의 모든것 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The Poor's Struggle, Miethi Goswami
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Angel, William Blake
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Drummer Hodge, Thomas Hardy
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1895 - 1985)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)