BBB) Sweet Revenge
An eye for an eye
but mind you to avenge yourself
ain't easy as pie
Indeed a punch for a punch
or invite your foe
for a delicious
to dish out revenge
and that's a dish best served cold!
But a tooth for a tooth
will it actually soothe?
A horrid scowl for a irked pout
you scream coz she did shout!
Ah that biting desire for sweet revenge
on the mind does it so scavenge!
Sweet it might seem, sweet at first feel
but it's really sour as an orange peel.
Then there's the danger of meting out in excess
There's a need to don self-control's harness.
One would wish to spread retribution evenly
on the slice of his enemy
But to chuck out all plots and thoughts of burning revenge
poses for man at times the greatest challenge.
Is it then so natural for this human brat
to cherish and relish a tit for tat
But if so many of your chores complain of your negligence
you might as well put off too, all wishes for vengeance.
Any wish for poetic justice, sing it in poetry
Harbor no desires for revenge in reality.
Ah alas as Jesus's way to offer another cheek
is for mortal man perhaps a task too meek.
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BBB) Sweet Revenge by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...