BBB) Sweet Revenge
An eye for an eye
but mind you to avenge yourself
ain't easy as pie
Indeed a punch for a punch
or invite your foe
for a delicious
to dish out revenge
and that's a dish best served cold!
But a tooth for a tooth
will it actually soothe?
A horrid scowl for a irked pout
you scream coz she did shout!
Ah that biting desire for sweet revenge
on the mind does it so scavenge!
Sweet it might seem, sweet at first feel
but it's really sour as an orange peel.
Then there's the danger of meting out in excess
There's a need to don self-control's harness.
One would wish to spread retribution evenly
on the slice of his enemy
But to chuck out all plots and thoughts of burning revenge
poses for man at times the greatest challenge.
Is it then so natural for this human brat
to cherish and relish a tit for tat
But if so many of your chores complain of your negligence
you might as well put off too, all wishes for vengeance.
Any wish for poetic justice, sing it in poetry
Harbor no desires for revenge in reality.
Ah alas as Jesus's way to offer another cheek
is for mortal man perhaps a task too meek.
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BBB) Sweet Revenge by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
Did you read them?
- Realize, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Should not mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Bridegroom to His Bride, Frank Avon
- What Is Life?, Abhishek Dubey
- Useless exercise, hasmukh amathalal
- Never letting, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Like the Touch of Rain, Edward Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)