Windsor Guadalupe Jr
Basoalto (To Pablo Neruda, with Reverence)
The yards, the transatlantic
Recognition between the land of Chile,
And here, in the archipelago of the natives,
He came to me, subtly, in the morose aroma.
From Chile, you have gone further
Not only in the mind of the reader,
But through his heart, chained to his soul
He besought my longing,
Like I yearned for his teaching
Likened to a child coming home for supper,
In which the feast basks in impeccable timing.
Look at me now,
In the mirrors that conjure images
And not characters, nor innate attributes, nor appraised topaz and rubies
Then in letters, in pen and ink, shall I make my identity!
Let me live with the breath of life
Your writings uphold, the vileness it loathes
And the love, and the existence of the world's greatest mishap
You have taught me how to love,
Simply, for it begets what others cannot supply
Thus, in the formative years of destruction's kin
Shall I find the enthusiasm, long dead from within.
You are from Chile.
I am from the Island of 8 decadent rays.
I owe all of my days, to you.
In your photographs,
Of austere brown, likened to a dying leaf
It has given me life, life that I have longed for
In the time of all the things that I abhor.
Windsor Guadalupe Jr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Basoalto (To Pablo Neruda, with Reverence) by Windsor Guadalupe Jr )
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
- Life's Canon, michael walkerjohn
- Platypus, Phil Soar
- Grass, sallam yassin
- For Whatever its Worth, michael walkerjohn
- This Is Me, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- luggage canada, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)