Windsor Guadalupe Jr
Basoalto (To Pablo Neruda, with Reverence)
The yards, the transatlantic
Recognition between the land of Chile,
And here, in the archipelago of the natives,
He came to me, subtly, in the morose aroma.
From Chile, you have gone further
Not only in the mind of the reader,
But through his heart, chained to his soul
He besought my longing,
Like I yearned for his teaching
Likened to a child coming home for supper,
In which the feast basks in impeccable timing.
Look at me now,
In the mirrors that conjure images
And not characters, nor innate attributes, nor appraised topaz and rubies
Then in letters, in pen and ink, shall I make my identity!
Let me live with the breath of life
Your writings uphold, the vileness it loathes
And the love, and the existence of the world's greatest mishap
You have taught me how to love,
Simply, for it begets what others cannot supply
Thus, in the formative years of destruction's kin
Shall I find the enthusiasm, long dead from within.
You are from Chile.
I am from the Island of 8 decadent rays.
I owe all of my days, to you.
In your photographs,
Of austere brown, likened to a dying leaf
It has given me life, life that I have longed for
In the time of all the things that I abhor.
Windsor Guadalupe Jr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Basoalto (To Pablo Neruda, with Reverence) by Windsor Guadalupe Jr )
- The corner that cuts you, Lev Brekhman
- Images, Lev Brekhman
- The internet, Lev Brekhman
- Blue hell, Lev Brekhman
- Nec plus ultra, Lev Brekhman
- The day, Lev Brekhman
- From darkness to darkness, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Yellow, Lev Brekhman
- On the beach, Lev Brekhman
- After the apocalypse, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)