My walls once high to avoid hurt and pain
Fell down as you came into my life
But now those walls are back up again
Holding fast against your protests
Keeping you out and your lies.
Barriers as hard as stone surround me
And my broken heart begins to mend
Won't ever let you in again, it's over
Dont believing you and your lies, go away
Your not welcome here anymore, get out.
Barriers protect me and also my friends
They wont let me get hurt again
They love me and will do anything they can
To prevent me from more hurt and pain
They surround me, protecting me from you.
Get out of here, your no longer welcome
Dont get near me, I wont hold you close
Stop apologizingm, it wont do any good
Dont look at me that way, the look means nothing anymore
Stop saying you love me, it wont make me stay.
The barriers are there to stay, get used to it
They wont come down, face the fact
I dont forgive you, so stop apologizing
I cant trust you, get away from me
I'm forever gone, I'm not coming back.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Barriers by Karley Kay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Aasiba, gajanan mishra
- Coming from, gajanan mishra
- I'd pluck the stars for flowers, Mark Heathcote
- A necessity, gajanan mishra
- Sarakara aapananka dwarare, gajanan mishra
- Man: A proud species, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ONly needed, hasmukh amathalal
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams