Bar of shattered dreams
Dim lights, smoke fills every corridor
On the bar stool, the American dream.
The game of high n low.
A split second, the blink of an eye,
the stocks must fall.
Suicide haunts his soul, Transparent
One can see through, one who has lost it all
The biker playing a game of pool,
The hard life is no one’s fool.
Life’s tattoo weighs on the heart.
Sweet sixteen came apart.
time weathered, over and over again
Against the wind, like a freight train
Running with the grain.
The lonely old man, drowning in death..
Cheap cologne and whiskey Breath.
Lost is his precious.
For precious was his life.
He has lost his dear wife.
Puffing, mind pondering, only if.
Fifty years gone, in a whiff.
A motion picture of Monroe,
dances on the floor.
Caring about nothing,
And nothing more.
Tired of her way of life.
No care to be a mother or wife
Lost is compassion.
Willing to trade it all, for just
One night of passion.
With one single kiss, all will be lost
Bliss, in time will regress.
Turning out the lights, everything grey.
Its all what it seems….
It’s the bar of shattered dreams..
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bar of shattered dreams by Jay Aguiniga )
- Contradict, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Common Sense, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Love's Slow Death, Wilma Horne
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)