Bar of shattered dreams
Dim lights, smoke fills every corridor
On the bar stool, the American dream.
The game of high n low.
A split second, the blink of an eye,
the stocks must fall.
Suicide haunts his soul, Transparent
One can see through, one who has lost it all
The biker playing a game of pool,
The hard life is no one’s fool.
Life’s tattoo weighs on the heart.
Sweet sixteen came apart.
time weathered, over and over again
Against the wind, like a freight train
Running with the grain.
The lonely old man, drowning in death..
Cheap cologne and whiskey Breath.
Lost is his precious.
For precious was his life.
He has lost his dear wife.
Puffing, mind pondering, only if.
Fifty years gone, in a whiff.
A motion picture of Monroe,
dances on the floor.
Caring about nothing,
And nothing more.
Tired of her way of life.
No care to be a mother or wife
Lost is compassion.
Willing to trade it all, for just
One night of passion.
With one single kiss, all will be lost
Bliss, in time will regress.
Turning out the lights, everything grey.
Its all what it seems….
It’s the bar of shattered dreams..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bar of shattered dreams by Jay Aguiniga )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Horses, Edwin Muir
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- My life savings, Walani Ndhlovu
- For The Record, Leria Hawkins
- Heat in the Rain, CHIYTWO OLA
- WOMEN ARE MYSTERIES, Philo Yan
- A mother's milk, gajanan mishra
- They could feel, Nassy Fesharaki
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra