Bar of shattered dreams
Dim lights, smoke fills every corridor
On the bar stool, the American dream.
The game of high n low.
A split second, the blink of an eye,
the stocks must fall.
Suicide haunts his soul, Transparent
One can see through, one who has lost it all
The biker playing a game of pool,
The hard life is no one’s fool.
Life’s tattoo weighs on the heart.
Sweet sixteen came apart.
time weathered, over and over again
Against the wind, like a freight train
Running with the grain.
The lonely old man, drowning in death..
Cheap cologne and whiskey Breath.
Lost is his precious.
For precious was his life.
He has lost his dear wife.
Puffing, mind pondering, only if.
Fifty years gone, in a whiff.
A motion picture of Monroe,
dances on the floor.
Caring about nothing,
And nothing more.
Tired of her way of life.
No care to be a mother or wife
Lost is compassion.
Willing to trade it all, for just
One night of passion.
With one single kiss, all will be lost
Bliss, in time will regress.
Turning out the lights, everything grey.
Its all what it seems….
It’s the bar of shattered dreams..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bar of shattered dreams by Jay Aguiniga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The difference between you and I., Lauren Harper
- Aag Bun Kar Kisi Din Dehak Jao Na, Akhtar Jawad
- Life, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Soul of the soul of universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Day Of Introspection, Mohammad Siddiqui
- We are all beings of light, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Every breath I take, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Experience life, gajanan mishra
- For us, hasmukh amathalal
- It is nature, hasmukh amathalal