Bang! Ouch! ....... [uses of 'bang', the word; funny/not funny; Short]
Bang! was what I heard when the chair leg hit my toe.
ouch! ! was what I said....as toe-swelling began to show.
Bang! -up-time was what I had at X-mas party for my job.
Ouch! ! was what I said next morning....as my brain did throb.
BANG! is a Theory of how our Universe came about.
OUCH! ! is Religion’s response....when its beliefs are placed in doubt.
It’s likely none of THOSE bangs will cause you to drop dead,
but dead you might soon be....if a gun goes BANG! beside your head.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bang! Ouch! ....... [uses of 'bang', the word; funny/not funny; Short] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki