John Thorkild Ellison
Ban the Grand National! !
'What's wrong with a little fun?
Betting on the horses and seeing them run? '
'It's hard to be rational
About the Grand National,
But will somebody tell me why
So few people object when the horses die?
Am I just a fool
In thinking it cruel? '
'Don't worry, my friend,
It isn't the end!
Why feel such remorse,
It's ONLY A HORSE,
And only a spoilsport would cry! '
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ban the Grand National! ! by John Thorkild Ellison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- OUR CURRENT SITUATION, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Candid Portrait Of War, Dilantha Gunawardana
- An Apparatus, Keith Waldrop
- Advances, Keith Waldrop
- Majesty, Keith Waldrop
- In a Spring Still Not Written Of, Robert Wallace
- Giacometti's Dog, Robert Wallace
- Dearest Sister, Kaila George
- Wounded for me, Royston Allen
- A Soldiers Lament, Phil Soar