John Thorkild Ellison
Ban the Grand National! !
'What's wrong with a little fun?
Betting on the horses and seeing them run? '
'It's hard to be rational
About the Grand National,
But will somebody tell me why
So few people object when the horses die?
Am I just a fool
In thinking it cruel? '
'Don't worry, my friend,
It isn't the end!
Why feel such remorse,
It's ONLY A HORSE,
And only a spoilsport would cry! '
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ban the Grand National! ! by John Thorkild Ellison )
- sometimes we all, Ben Paynter
- Difficult to return, gajanan mishra
- Life Is, Andy Caldwell
- Amn't Gone!, Sir Toby
- There Is Nothing In Me, Shalom Freedman
- Just For You, Khairul Ahsan
- Only You, Sonya Annita Song
- Limerick.21. An Advice, Valsa George
- You are welcome, my dear Mother, gajanan mishra
- Not all you get, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Orhan Veli Kanik
(13 April 1914 – 14 November 1950)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)