John Thorkild Ellison
Ban the Grand National! !
'What's wrong with a little fun?
Betting on the horses and seeing them run? '
'It's hard to be rational
About the Grand National,
But will somebody tell me why
So few people object when the horses die?
Am I just a fool
In thinking it cruel? '
'Don't worry, my friend,
It isn't the end!
Why feel such remorse,
It's ONLY A HORSE,
And only a spoilsport would cry! '
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ban the Grand National! ! by John Thorkild Ellison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz