John Thorkild Ellison
Ban the Grand National! !
'What's wrong with a little fun?
Betting on the horses and seeing them run? '
'It's hard to be rational
About the Grand National,
But will somebody tell me why
So few people object when the horses die?
Am I just a fool
In thinking it cruel? '
'Don't worry, my friend,
It isn't the end!
Why feel such remorse,
It's ONLY A HORSE,
And only a spoilsport would cry! '
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ban the Grand National! ! by John Thorkild Ellison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote