John Thorkild Ellison
Ban the Grand National! !
'What's wrong with a little fun?
Betting on the horses and seeing them run? '
'It's hard to be rational
About the Grand National,
But will somebody tell me why
So few people object when the horses die?
Am I just a fool
In thinking it cruel? '
'Don't worry, my friend,
It isn't the end!
Why feel such remorse,
It's ONLY A HORSE,
And only a spoilsport would cry! '
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ban the Grand National! ! by John Thorkild Ellison )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John