Bahia de Cochinos
The bullets fire,
pistol shots ring loud and proud,
across the beach.
Sickle and hammer lover men,
absorbed in Castro power trips.
'Para ustedes, mis hermanos'
my brothers we will fight,
The beach sits silent,
a patch of holed soldiers,
lie on the freedom-lost beach,
a fallen country,
betrayed and lost.
Nicholas Peter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bahia de Cochinos by Nicholas Peter )
- Let a wife, gajanan mishra
- CRACK, Shannon Strauss
- Wise Ones Have Said, Naveed Akram
- LOFTTY PERSON, Shannon Strauss
- U-Turn., Achill Ladd
- Scavenging the Wall, R. T. Smith
- Towards earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Rogue Russets, R. T. Smith
- Oxford Stroud Recollects Fishing with El.., R. T. Smith
- mounement, Rathna nagaraja
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)