Palas Kumar Ray
Bad Time Is Sure To Come
In your life, in your home, you don't solicit
You don't wish, but I come, I pay my visit.
None I forget or forebode, rich or poor
None I forgive or forgo, I knock the door.
You pave my way, or I make my own
But I come, I don't care you frown.
You don't like my presence, you say "No"
But I can't delay or defer, I go
Wherever I wish, whenever I like
Your anguish I don't care, I strike.
I rob your belongings, shatter your hope
I laugh as you sob, I leave you mope.
I destroy your dream, your peace of mind
I tear your joy, I'm cruel, I'm unkind.
I'm destined, sure to come, I'm merciless
I'll come. I'll take my dues, leave you helpless.
I'll give you deep sorrow, pain and grief
Friends will desert you, or pretend to be deaf.
Fear me, beware me of, know me very well
I'm your bad time, certain to come, very near I dwell.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bad Time Is Sure To Come by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns