Bad Birds (Bird Is Not The Real Word)
It’s Getting Close - Any Time Now
By The Way
Don’t Ask Me How
Sometimes Moving Your Shadow
Let Us Soon Forget
On How We Met
Once In A Million? – No Better Yet
Where Did You Go?
What Did I Do?
Didn’t I Tell You The Truth?
Who’s To Know – The Better Clue?
What The Hell Happened
In The End, I Broke That Spell
It Lasted – Long
Long Is The Word, It Was A Bad Bird
Yes, Just Ask That Colorful Humming Bird
Cause' This Bird Knows That
Bird Is Not The Real Word
I Should Have Killed That Bad Bird
When I Had The Chance
Yeah I Told You
I Broke Its Spell
Why Am I In The Wrong? – Because
I’ve Spoken The Wrong Words?
Cause I Spent Some Shells?
I'm Ok Now - Always Clear
Near Here - Or Far
Even At My Favorite Local Bar
I Still Should Have Killed That Bad Bird
Instead I Clipped Its Wings
Dropping To The Ground
Into His Own Shit - But Just Gave Him A Sting
Should I Kill That Blackbird?
Will I Somehow Regret?
Maybe He Now
Wants Some More
Trying To Settle His Dark Score?
He’s Really Close Now
But I Aint Moving
Neither Is My Shadow
Where Did He Go – To Hell And Back?
Who Really Knows
I Just Don’t Care If He Hangs Still
Even With The Good Crows
Well Now I’ve Killed That Bad Bird
It Was A Good Hit
Dropped To The Ground
This Time Not Missing
His Bottomless Misery Pit.
Chris Leermakers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bad Birds (Bird Is Not The Real Word) by Chris Leermakers )
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
- Complaining Of His Want Of Friends, Edward Hake
- No Gold No Goodnesse, Edward Hake
- Priyo keu nei, Golam Rashid
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns