From a little girl,
to your kitten,
oh, baby, I love you.
We could've been perfect,
but now we're precious
and that's just as good as
as good as it gets.
Our hearts shattered
and they healed
that's what love is,
that's what makes it
makes life worth it,
makes us make it
through the darkness
I hear your song,
come my darling,
follow my paws,
together we'll make it.
You gave me a collar,
I gave you my heart
so we can find each other
through the dark.
This world is so dark.
But you've accepted me,
and I've adopted you,
so no matter where we are,
I'll always be under your arm.
And I'll be safe in your feathers
and I'll put my wings to protect you
and we'll keep each other warm.
Because this world is so mean without you
and you're my 'Wolverine'
I don't think I could survive without you,
and I know I couldn't dream.
You gave me these fangs to keep me strong
and these claws to make me weak.
I could have wings like a skylark
and die under my tree,
but I'd rather be a baby lovebird
with my baby,
because this world is so cruel
and you can only be sweet,
so I'll rest against your muscles
'till I'm strong enough to fly away.
From the crook of your arm,
'till I reach the weeping cherry trees,
you'll help me grow up
into a full-fledged parakeet,
and I'll be sweet forever
just like you taught me
and I'll always be your kitten,
because you're my baby.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baby Kitten by Kelly Zion )
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)