George Herman Ruth, best known as 'Babe.'
The Baltimore Orioles got
Him first, gave him that labe,
Then common for a baseball tot.
'Sultan of Swat' and 'Bambino, '
Other nicknames that Babe got called.
Went to the Boston Red Sox, so
For five years he super baseballed.
Then to the New York Yankees sold.
Money was now name of the game.
Babe's baseball history got told,
And still today the Babe finds fame.
In sports, think of the nicknames all,
None bigger than 'Babe' of baseball.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Babe by Ima Ryma )
- An ugly sniper, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- AAA, Vera Sidhwa
- my love to you is simple, James Berth
- Ebola, Stephen Wylie
- To the occupied lands' people, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- colorblind, James Berth
- Why Didn't They Meet?, Lora Colon
- Longing for Love, Brenda Harris
- closed shop, lee fones
- Gentle Night The wick Has Burned, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Eat That Pussy, Anuj Tikku
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)