George Herman Ruth, best known as 'Babe.'
The Baltimore Orioles got
Him first, gave him that labe,
Then common for a baseball tot.
'Sultan of Swat' and 'Bambino, '
Other nicknames that Babe got called.
Went to the Boston Red Sox, so
For five years he super baseballed.
Then to the New York Yankees sold.
Money was now name of the game.
Babe's baseball history got told,
And still today the Babe finds fame.
In sports, think of the nicknames all,
None bigger than 'Babe' of baseball.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Babe by Ima Ryma )
- Our World, James coupland
- Moving Pictures, Matthew Thomas Donovan
- When Forgiveness Can't Be Forgiven, Amitava Sur
- Have You Lost Your Human Values?, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Haunted, James coupland
- How Blessed Are Those, Shalom Freedman
- Individual Reasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gentle Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #5, Brian Johnston
- Existence Of An Only Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)