George Herman Ruth, best known as 'Babe.'
The Baltimore Orioles got
Him first, gave him that labe,
Then common for a baseball tot.
'Sultan of Swat' and 'Bambino, '
Other nicknames that Babe got called.
Went to the Boston Red Sox, so
For five years he super baseballed.
Then to the New York Yankees sold.
Money was now name of the game.
Babe's baseball history got told,
And still today the Babe finds fame.
In sports, think of the nicknames all,
None bigger than 'Babe' of baseball.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Babe by Ima Ryma )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)