Baahh Humbug! ! !
Christmas comes but once a year,
And that's too much for me I fear.
The shops are filled with crap once more,
Selling their wares like a street wise whore.
Parents tell tales of Rudolph and Santa Clause,
Eyes may light up but it's all lies of course.
Send christmas cards put up the tree and the lights,
Even though there's a recession and we're in the shite.
Aftershave I don't want and socks I don't need,
I put on a fake smile and say thankyou indeed.
We've forgotten what christmas is supposed to be,
A precious time to be spent with your family.
So this christmas for me will be just as the last,
I'm not going to do it, my vote has been cast.
You can sweep your christmas under the rug,
And I shall say to you all.. BAAHH HUMBUG! ! !
Spread the love... The peace will follow...
Cosmic Dreamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baahh Humbug! ! ! by Cosmic Dreamer )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Almost Gone..., Leonard Champlin
- Who are you, ms. carrot
- More love...sort of., Leonard Champlin
- All Who Remain, John F. McCullagh
- The Life, Leonard Champlin
- SECOND DREAMS, Dwitun Basumatary
- BUTTERFLIES AND ROGUES, Dwitun Basumatary
- LAUGH OF THE SHE PROFESSOR, Dwitun Basumatary
- What If...?, Leonard Champlin
- HEARTQUAKES, Dwitun Basumatary