Baahh Humbug! ! !
Christmas comes but once a year,
And that's too much for me I fear.
The shops are filled with crap once more,
Selling their wares like a street wise whore.
Parents tell tales of Rudolph and Santa Clause,
Eyes may light up but it's all lies of course.
Send christmas cards put up the tree and the lights,
Even though there's a recession and we're in the shite.
Aftershave I don't want and socks I don't need,
I put on a fake smile and say thankyou indeed.
We've forgotten what christmas is supposed to be,
A precious time to be spent with your family.
So this christmas for me will be just as the last,
I'm not going to do it, my vote has been cast.
You can sweep your christmas under the rug,
And I shall say to you all.. BAAHH HUMBUG! ! !
Spread the love... The peace will follow...
Cosmic Dreamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baahh Humbug! ! ! by Cosmic Dreamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL