Baahh Humbug! ! !
Christmas comes but once a year,
And that's too much for me I fear.
The shops are filled with crap once more,
Selling their wares like a street wise whore.
Parents tell tales of Rudolph and Santa Clause,
Eyes may light up but it's all lies of course.
Send christmas cards put up the tree and the lights,
Even though there's a recession and we're in the shite.
Aftershave I don't want and socks I don't need,
I put on a fake smile and say thankyou indeed.
We've forgotten what christmas is supposed to be,
A precious time to be spent with your family.
So this christmas for me will be just as the last,
I'm not going to do it, my vote has been cast.
You can sweep your christmas under the rug,
And I shall say to you all.. BAAHH HUMBUG! ! !
Spread the love... The peace will follow...
Cosmic Dreamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baahh Humbug! ! ! by Cosmic Dreamer )
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)