B.Akhmadulina, December... - translation (rus.)
We keep within the rules of winter.
We play, without conceding time to laughing,
And, outlining shape of snow, we are
Raising up a white snow from a ground.
And passers-by, as if foreboding bad,
Are crowding against the fence, excited.
They're surely are busy with a care,
What really we're doing, bear in mind.
But we are modelling a snow-woman,
And that is all. Oh, the amazing triumph
Of movement, which provides the height-length
Of our work, the former snow.
You say: - Look, how I'm modelling now! -
You, really, in work are good,
In making form from the unformal snow.
I say: - Look, how I'm loving you!
And snow specifies its features gradually,
It is obedient to our command.
And suddenly I notice, how beautiful
Is your face, turned to cold snow.
We're going over the yard, white coloured,
Past passers-by with quite a saucy face.
My dear, keep such an expression childish
And steadfast, always hold a play.
And you, the work, be pliant to this tension
Of creativity of my man, my love!
Give him a luck of a happy child's behaviour,
Who's drawing a simple house with a pipe.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Bella Akhmadulina
Comments about this poem (B.Akhmadulina, December... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...