B.Akhmadulina, April - translation (rus.)
Here're the girls - they wish to love,
Here're the boys - they wish to wander,
All changes in that april just unite,
Consoloidate the people with each other.
O, the new month, the new such Lord,
You seek in such a way new favour,
You may be generous in your words,
Letting amnesty to calendar.
Yes, you'll free rivers from the shackles,
Will set the distant quiet close,
A crazy will get blooming, an oldman
Will get the healing one time, certainly.
Me only won't have your mercy either,
And I'm not greedy of that luck.
You ask, but I'm late with answer,
I switch off light, my room turns dark.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Bella Akhmadulina
Comments about this poem (B.Akhmadulina, April - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- They That Love Beyond The World, William Penn
- Be Wise, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bakery, Edward Kofi Louis
- Songs Of The Death Of Children, Friedrich Rückert
- Resurrection, Vladimir Holan
- How Do They Catch Cobras?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Remember Me, Margaret Mead
- Mechanical Life, Mechanical World, Every.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A child is, Helena Sinervo
- If I Should Die, Thomas Gray
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)