Lyudmila Purgina (Russian Federation)
B.Akhmadulina, April - translation (rus.)
Here're the girls - they wish to love,
Here're the boys - they wish to wander,
All changes in that april just unite,
Consoloidate the people with each other.
O, the new month, the new such Lord,
You seek in such a way new favour,
You may be generous in your words,
Letting amnesty to calendar.
Yes, you'll free rivers from the shackles,
Will set the distant quiet close,
A crazy will get blooming, an oldman
Will get the healing one time, certainly.
Me only won't have your mercy either,
And I'm not greedy of that luck.
You ask, but I'm late with answer,
I switch off light, my room turns dark.
Poet Other Poems
- A burden
- A haunting melody - rabbit n fox
- A Key
- A little loss
- A love to power
- A needle
- A point
- A rest, which's...
- A.Akhmatova, A sobbing Autumn - translat...
- A.Akhmatova, And in time, when we did cu...
- A.Akhmatova, And there in corner my marb...
- A.Akhmatova, Echo - translation (rus.)
- A.Akhmatova, Grasped my hands... - trans...
- A.Akhmatova, I heard a voice. - Translat...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Bella Akhmadulina