B.Akhmadulina, April - translation (rus.)
Here're the girls - they wish to love,
Here're the boys - they wish to wander,
All changes in that april just unite,
Consoloidate the people with each other.
O, the new month, the new such Lord,
You seek in such a way new favour,
You may be generous in your words,
Letting amnesty to calendar.
Yes, you'll free rivers from the shackles,
Will set the distant quiet close,
A crazy will get blooming, an oldman
Will get the healing one time, certainly.
Me only won't have your mercy either,
And I'm not greedy of that luck.
You ask, but I'm late with answer,
I switch off light, my room turns dark.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Bella Akhmadulina
Comments about this poem (B.Akhmadulina, April - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- About the Bone xx xxx xx Improvisa.., Lee Mack
- To A Place Beyond Hell, Paula Glynn
- WHAT A SHAME! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- it will happen like this, Mandolyn ...
- The worst is not the best anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Tale Of Snow White And The Seven Dwa.., Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- My Mommy's Apple Pie!, santhosh kumar
- Flying out, maryline vautravers
- From God to God, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- Conscienceless, hafiz qasim