Ay, my Friend! (a grief)
One more infront of you my child
Holding out a loving hand for you to hold
But the only feelings of yours
Are cold- cold.
Again I try to bring you back
To touch you as once I did
But you run with your own thoughts,
And what is left for me if I can't bid?
Now you stand upon the edge of life,
you want to put it out. End.
Shall I tell you how I grieve?
Would it matter? Ay,
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ay, my Friend! (a grief) by Maya Took )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady