Awareness Notes... (Part Two)
it's not the bullet that killed
the man... bullets by themselves
are harmless. it is the intent
of the man that loads the gun,
that points the barrel, and pulls
it is also the inactions of the
people who knew his anger, and of
the system that allowed him the gun.
the apathy of those who didnt get
involved, and the moral code that
fed his anger
but taking the gun away doesnt solve
the problem. an angry man will pick up
a stick, or a knife, or even rocks,
to act out his anger.
to disarm the angry you have to remove
their anger, and that begins with getting
to the cause. the cause must be met, and
you must repace the 'moral code' of retribution
with the code of compassionate forgiveness.
human justice begins and ends in the heart.
you have to get involved!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awareness Notes... (Part Two) by Eric Cockrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam
- Tamping Warriors, Michael Olajubu
- Obituary, Tony Adah
- From the Long Sad Party, Mark Strand