Awareness Notes... (Part Two)
it's not the bullet that killed
the man... bullets by themselves
are harmless. it is the intent
of the man that loads the gun,
that points the barrel, and pulls
it is also the inactions of the
people who knew his anger, and of
the system that allowed him the gun.
the apathy of those who didnt get
involved, and the moral code that
fed his anger
but taking the gun away doesnt solve
the problem. an angry man will pick up
a stick, or a knife, or even rocks,
to act out his anger.
to disarm the angry you have to remove
their anger, and that begins with getting
to the cause. the cause must be met, and
you must repace the 'moral code' of retribution
with the code of compassionate forgiveness.
human justice begins and ends in the heart.
you have to get involved!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awareness Notes... (Part Two) by Eric Cockrell )
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah