as i breathe, i become aware
of the life force flowing
in every cell of my being.
i am alive...
you taught me how to breathe.
as i believe, i become aware
that every cell of my body
is held together by a cross.
God lives in me...
you have nurtured my faith.
as i feel, i become aware
that the fabrics of our lives
are woven together by a common thread.
God's unconditional love...
you are God's gift, I am blessed.
nihneeq (2011, re: laminins,
crosses in our bodies)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Awareness by Benedicta Ruiz )
- To winter, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Friends, Mitta Xinindlu
- Self Promotion, Is It Poetry
- Hurt, A K Das Mridul
- Let me be FREE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- My Beloved Is Beyond Compare, Folayemi Akande
- Haiku 'sparrows ', miken newman
- Through The Trees inside The Darkness, Little Eagle McGowan
- In those days, Gianfranco Aurilio
- God has Priorities, Professor Poetry Hound
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)