as i breathe, i become aware
of the life force flowing
in every cell of my being.
i am alive...
you taught me how to breathe.
as i believe, i become aware
that every cell of my body
is held together by a cross.
God lives in me...
you have nurtured my faith.
as i feel, i become aware
that the fabrics of our lives
are woven together by a common thread.
God's unconditional love...
you are God's gift, I am blessed.
nihneeq (2011, re: laminins,
crosses in our bodies)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Awareness by Benedicta Ruiz )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)