Melodious dreams were soothing little Hans’ sleep.
The clear clarion tone mingled with his slumber, deep.
The night rhymed delightful in the lee,
But no one ever knew, there was a storm to creep.
Eventually the cooling wild wind surrounded the valley.
The thunder struck, the birds whooped & rattled the jalousie.
Little Hans woke up aghast by the sudden freak,
Perceived with wonder, how happened the unforeseen!
The clattering window took his leer heed;
He hastened to seal the open breach.
But there then he heard a kitten’s weep,
A mewling kitten in the alfresco, it was indeed.
Pronto the valiant said; “To her help, I’ll proceed”.
With tip toe steps, among the scantly leaves, towards the weak he
Alas! The insentient perked the soul; nobly being amidst angles,
A little boy con nix dither, nix jitter, nix angst.
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Glossary: 1. Clarion: Musical instruments of a pipe like structure with holes.2. Slumber: Sleep.3. Lee: A calm place.4. Jalousie: Window.5. Leer heed: A careful sly look.6. Alfresco: Outside the door in open air (Origin Italian) .7. Pronto: Quickly without hesitation.8. Scantly: Of making sound.9. Con: With (Origin Spanish) .10. Nix: No (Origin German) .11. Dither: Fear (Origin Northern England) .12. Jitter: Nervousness.13. Angst: Anxiety (Origin Old German) .
Comments about this poem (Awakening! by Shaikh Mehmood )
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman