As I was suddenly awakened
By some noise in the street
My mind went into high gear
All kind of things begin to creep.
Was it a cat or a dog
Or maybe it was a rat
But who would ever know
If all we did was sat.
How long must anyone sit
And not know if success is going by
Why can't everyone listen
Because life so loudly cries.
I'm trying to give you progress
I'm trying to give you success
I'm trying to give you a living
I'm doing my level best.
Just because its noisy
Doesn't always mean its wrong
Sometimes it opportunity
Just trying to find a home.
I know someone won't understand
I know everything is not for you or me
But neither one will ever know
If we don't get up to see.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awaken by Cecelia Weir )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns