Awake My Love
Awake my love the world is sleeping
the fox is in his lair and owls dream on
the mouse, with us, will rest in quiet,
assured the humid night is safe,
midsummer day, but memory.
Pan with his pipes, plays to keep the world at peace,
darkness tonight our friend so wake my love, we are ‘lone
no chill moon, or baleful eye, friendly dark to clothe,
no need of spiders' gossamer veils sleeping with the world.
Wake my love dream, dreams do not count as sleep,
there is another world, or so I'm told,
Come with me, I cannot go alone.
John Rickell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awake My Love by John Rickell )
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah