Gouge out my eyes...
For i have seen...
These images burnt into my mind...
I can never erase...
The violence and cruelty
Even blind i will see...
The horrors i have witnessed
What is wrong with you?
I no longer feel for them...
Or try to understand them
They cannot be reasoned with...
For they are deaf to wisdom
They are guided by ignorance...
And closed minds...
Full of hate
My path is a lonely one...
But it is a path i have chosen to roam...
A conscious decision to avoid...
I am isolation.
Nihil Existentia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Avoid Humanity by Nihil Existentia )
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
- Zur Wiederkehr meines Todes, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We shall overcome someday...for Ferguson.., Chenou Liu
- Partnership, gajanan mishra
- The Hydrangea, Justin Reamer
- Sonnet: Where the senses are scot-free, Laxman Rao
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)