Evil meer, where birds vanish
Dial, freed from the tutelage of the sun
Well of foul wishes, sailed by the ghosts of galleys:
Hell, beneath you, vents gaggles of bubbles-
Blown by its own lewd laughter
Freeing venoms that flap off, bursting,
Leaving to dream your mirror
That turns to heaven a once-more innocent face.
Thin thoughts walk about your shores
Out of your skies cry lamentations, gongs,
Odd barkings. Into your watery plain
The sun slips a ray:
It blazes- you lighten; It dims- you darken.
Tide-less, your shoals hush the whispers of their reeds
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Averno by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass