Whispers Of Night
Autumn's rusty romance
Love, push me gently in a cradle of ivy
embraced by rusty leaves and dreams,
enchant my ears with a song, and..please
don't go away.stay here and love me!
the scent breaks through roses' petals
as knives piercing through a chest,
their echo's sharp; the grief will last,
we won't let our feelings turn to dust!
so, these words of yours disturb the air
and strike against my curly hair..
we're on a long road taking to nowhere,
because I'm here, and you're there!
but where have all sweet whispers gone? -
maybe it was nothing but a dream..
I rise from the bed of your counscience
to wander alone the dreadful land.
still enthralled by your voice, I wander
in search of you; so calm, so tender..
but these footsteps are taking me under,
contemplating the fiery eye of the storm.
our warm hearts got together once again
blessed by autumn's rusty romance..
I kiss your lips to blossom by your side
on transparent wings of dragonflies!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn's rusty romance by Whispers Of Night )
- You're The Best..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Only In My Dreams (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)