Whispers Of Night
Autumn's rusty romance
Love, push me gently in a cradle of ivy
embraced by rusty leaves and dreams,
enchant my ears with a song, and..please
don't go away.stay here and love me!
the scent breaks through roses' petals
as knives piercing through a chest,
their echo's sharp; the grief will last,
we won't let our feelings turn to dust!
so, these words of yours disturb the air
and strike against my curly hair..
we're on a long road taking to nowhere,
because I'm here, and you're there!
but where have all sweet whispers gone? -
maybe it was nothing but a dream..
I rise from the bed of your counscience
to wander alone the dreadful land.
still enthralled by your voice, I wander
in search of you; so calm, so tender..
but these footsteps are taking me under,
contemplating the fiery eye of the storm.
our warm hearts got together once again
blessed by autumn's rusty romance..
I kiss your lips to blossom by your side
on transparent wings of dragonflies!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn's rusty romance by Whispers Of Night )
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)