Behold a season's change, as bundles of twiglets are reaped,
and branches of birches are trimmed beyond a nearby den.
Lost in the gale, are the tidings of a storm approaching,
beyond the plentiful verdure of the quiescent glen.
There from upon a ford, a reflection from above could be seen,
within the depth of the flowing currents of the bustling stream.
And where the glint of the sun leaves behind, its sunset gleam.
Endless wondrous fields of pasture to roam and romp.
There covered with the auburn blooms, from afar near a clump.
The scent of madder red roses, perfume the foliage of tawny leaves.
Leaves to thus in verdure, be guided by the mild breeze.
There within the wistful depth of the shade of a nearby grove.
It is where man and woman together as lovers, could always rove.
They are the remnants of their everlasting love and gaiety.
There where two lover's names are engraved, in a mere oak tree.
A testimony of a love so interminable, and strengthen as it heaps.
There intertwined forever, to a cluster of autumn leaves.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn leaves by Franc Rodriguez )
- Reverse, Galina Italyanskaya
- Another Four Line Poem, Deborah Eker
- Four Line Poem, Deborah Eker
- Saving The World, Ronald Chapman
- Corruption, Sandra Feldman
- Cannot Take Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Beautiful Story of You, Corey Jones
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)