During autumn Equinox
Days and nights are equal,
All over the world!
The rays of the sun fall
Vertically at the Equator.
All places have equal days
And nights as neither
Pole is inclined towards
It is autumn in the North
And Spring in the South,
Let this world fill with
Equal light, and let
The controlling power
Be as Autumn Equinox.
Neither inclined to
The rich nor to any
So that, they may get,
Either fall or spring....
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Beautiful message and hope it is taken by our leaders, also.. :)
• Valerie Dohren (9/24/2012 9: 28: 00 AM)
Great write, very inspired and a lovely analogy for equality.
• Heather Wilson (9/23/2012 12: 41: 00 PM)
A very true to life poem, we are all equal in the eyes of nature, a lovely write.
• Hans VR (9/23/2012 8: 02: 00 AM)
Very thought provoking and well written poem.
Equality, all over the world.
In many ways we humans are equal, in so many ways we are different
We were born so different.
I think the biggest equality is lying in our heart.
All of us feel good if we are or have been friendly and kind to someone
Let us perhaps try to create equal opportunities for all chilren through an endless kindness revolution while accepting our differences
If you have time, please read my poem, differences.
Looking forward to your comments on that
• Chandra Thiagarajan (9/23/2012 4: 18: 00 AM)
During autumn equinox days and nights are equal all over the world.! Though it is a known fact it is alluring to see in the form of a poem.Thanks and best wishes.
• Thomas A Robinson (9/23/2012 4: 00: 00 AM)
It is fall in the north but spting in my heart
considering all things are equal.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Equinox by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)