Sushil Kumar Tripathy
August nine came
To the earth
In countless centuries.
It was came in 1942
The hopes, happiness of lot.
Was the Sun come from the west?
Did Moon come with tears?
Were the rats became
Silent in the hole before sun rise,
Flowers stopped blooming,
Did Bees sleep in their hives?
Was the restaurants closed
And purchase of chastity stopped
For the said night.
No, it was absolutely not
Sun and moon came
With cheerful delight
In the right path and time.
Animals and birds of NAGASAKI
Did their deeds as desired
Rats were moving
Form place to place.
Churches and Pagodas
Were open to all
For due meditation.
A dropping of ill thought
Changed all normality
Of time and sense
Nonsense reigned over the land
Where Lord of peace was worshipped
Peace hided her face with shame.
Sushil Kumar Tripathy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (August 9 by Sushil Kumar Tripathy )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri