Sushil Kumar Tripathy
August nine came
To the earth
In countless centuries.
It was came in 1942
The hopes, happiness of lot.
Was the Sun come from the west?
Did Moon come with tears?
Were the rats became
Silent in the hole before sun rise,
Flowers stopped blooming,
Did Bees sleep in their hives?
Was the restaurants closed
And purchase of chastity stopped
For the said night.
No, it was absolutely not
Sun and moon came
With cheerful delight
In the right path and time.
Animals and birds of NAGASAKI
Did their deeds as desired
Rats were moving
Form place to place.
Churches and Pagodas
Were open to all
For due meditation.
A dropping of ill thought
Changed all normality
Of time and sense
Nonsense reigned over the land
Where Lord of peace was worshipped
Peace hided her face with shame.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (August 9 by Sushil Kumar Tripathy )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Lament (O how all things are far removed), Rainer Maria Rilke
Poem of the Day
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi
- UFC 183: Watch Anderson Silva vs Nick Di.., Renz Barns
- The Dark Side, Sandra Feldman
- Chasing Constellations, Russell Nero
- Aroma, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Illusion, Noah Body
- Leprae, Brave Hearts
- In the Green are Emotions, Rohit Sapra
- Heart Beat Outpaced xx xxx xx Impro.., Lee Mack