Atleast Someone Listens (For Him)
Darkness begins to fall
But this time I'm not alone
This time someone is here
This time someone is listening.
Smiling at the phone in my hand
I read the message and laugh
Smiling to myself as I reply
Glad someone is here tonight.
I look forward to each time we talk
It's not a crush, just happiness
At someone to talk to,
Someone to listen.
Everyone else is busy
You have time to talk
You listen while I ramble on
But you say you don't mind.
So glad to have found friendship
So nice to have someone to listen
As the events in my life unfold
Thanks so much for listening.
You make me laugh,
You help distract me
When I'm upset or irritated
You treat me like an equal.
You don't talk down to me
You don't tell me to grow up
You just are there to listen
And it helps a lot.
Thanks so much, I really mean it
I look forward to the next time we talk
And maybe next time
You can talk, and I will listen.
Karley Kay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Atleast Someone Listens (For Him) by Karley Kay )
- For you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Fourth Of July, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nourished by melting ice, Mark Heathcote
- Matty Matter Man, Maor Lain
- Can't...Can't...Can't, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fiction And Storytelling, Dexsta Ray
- ! Infamous Disgrace (PH Advertising Comm.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- The Real Of Me!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Smudged Black Kohal, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)