Atleast Someone Listens (For Him)
Darkness begins to fall
But this time I'm not alone
This time someone is here
This time someone is listening.
Smiling at the phone in my hand
I read the message and laugh
Smiling to myself as I reply
Glad someone is here tonight.
I look forward to each time we talk
It's not a crush, just happiness
At someone to talk to,
Someone to listen.
Everyone else is busy
You have time to talk
You listen while I ramble on
But you say you don't mind.
So glad to have found friendship
So nice to have someone to listen
As the events in my life unfold
Thanks so much for listening.
You make me laugh,
You help distract me
When I'm upset or irritated
You treat me like an equal.
You don't talk down to me
You don't tell me to grow up
You just are there to listen
And it helps a lot.
Thanks so much, I really mean it
I look forward to the next time we talk
And maybe next time
You can talk, and I will listen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Atleast Someone Listens (For Him) by Karley Kay )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Insanity, Michael P. McParland
- Invisible, Michael P. McParland
- A Journey in a Winter Morning, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Uninvited Guests, Tony Adah
- I Am Not Evil, Michael P. McParland
- Great Black Spectre, Michael P. McParland
- I can not substitute the present for the.., cristobal Benjumea
- I am not responsible for the passed, cristobal Benjumea
- I'm So Sorry, Michael P. McParland
- Avoiding, Michael P. McParland