Waltz For Zizi
At The Grave Of The Murdered
Only the paper knows,
how much grief my heart holds
for the innocent buried by the world
under the stones it throws.
I close my eyes. But it gets worst.
Bloody stones, I curse you.
Oh how useless it is
to wait for God's justice.
God, are you really their God?
I gather the stones.
The blood on them, clings to my skin
like children cling to mothers,
and sins step deep, into my soul,
wearing masks, painted with the grinning faces of the dead,
all gathered in a pile,
emptied of life, emptied of dreams,
but full of coagulated blood and broken bones,
in the name of what they call saint.
put them in front of me
the murderers in chains,
and at my feet, a mountain of stones.
In my hand, I'll take the bloodiest of them all,
while tears will waltz on my face, with the smiles of revenge.
I'd be happy.
to have nothing between me and their skin.
Even if it will take me my whole life,
I'll give them back their stones.
I'll make my poems sharp enough to bruise their hearts.
I've had enough.
But you, what the hell are you looking at?
Are you gonna help me or not?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (At The Grave Of The Murdered by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Moonly Pride, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Civil Disobedience, Angela K Brown
- Brown Skin, Angela K Brown
- In Spirit With The King, Tone Lyriker
- Knaha tu knha mey! !, Amitava Sur
- Lagacy of a Wave, Bill Cantrell
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Life and body separable, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 10, ramesh rai
- Beyond my Soul, John Siregar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns