At the Cementary
Rotten stone towers sultrily warmed.
Yellow haze of incense hovers.
Bees hum chaotically swarmed
And the flower trellises shake.
Slowly a breath stirs there
By the sun-still walls,
Dwindles glimmering, like a deceit -
Songs for the dead deeply shiver away.
Long it listens after in the green,
Lets the bushes shine brighter;
Brown swarms of mosquitoes spray
Over old tombstones
Georg Trakl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At the Cementary by Georg Trakl )
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- Night Shadows, glen salem
- The Timeless Cave in the Cliff, David Lewis Paget
- Rainbow in a Puddle, Nalini Chaturvedi