RIC S. BASTASA
At Papa's Grave
AS I light the candle
i will too, remember the white horse
that bit you
which they shot and died
i remember the loneliness of the grazing
fields after the incident.
All sins are always forgiven.
All hidden loves have no choice but to reappear.
When memories come, i pray,
Let those sweet and sweeter ones
be always chosen.
My brothers and sisters are here too.
All in the solemnity of silence
Pay homage to the law.
This day is the show of flowers, the dance of candle's flames,
In the concreteness of our personal appearances
To fill what blanks stares of the past
To erase what was missing.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At Papa's Grave by RIC S. BASTASA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal