RIC S. BASTASA
At Papa's Grave
AS I light the candle
i will too, remember the white horse
that bit you
which they shot and died
i remember the loneliness of the grazing
fields after the incident.
All sins are always forgiven.
All hidden loves have no choice but to reappear.
When memories come, i pray,
Let those sweet and sweeter ones
be always chosen.
My brothers and sisters are here too.
All in the solemnity of silence
Pay homage to the law.
This day is the show of flowers, the dance of candle's flames,
In the concreteness of our personal appearances
To fill what blanks stares of the past
To erase what was missing.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At Papa's Grave by RIC S. BASTASA )
Did you read them?
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery