At Long Last, At Dusk
You disturbed the antelopes...
The river runs red, Tar Baby...
No it doesn't...
Stop being such a humiliator...
Screamed and cussed at lust and slush
and wanderlust, brushed hair
brushed aside green eyes, at long last
- - - At dusk, drinking from a rustic
plastic flask or a cup of rare,
musty and musky pesticide - - -
Where's my milk and rum?
I rest in a casket; I die
- trust me - Depressed, I cried;
the sky with my
silken thumb - - -
Where am I really from?
<><><> Blessed with pride,
eating pie crumbs
from the crest of this dumb
Ray Quesada's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (At Long Last, At Dusk by Ray Quesada )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- I am here and still, gajanan mishra
- chickens in the yard eating craklin brea.., Bull Hawking
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh
- A Rockstar Came Travelling, Richard Whiting
- Re: Your Poetic License Renewal Applicat.., John F. McCullagh
- Direct Departure, Tayyab Ijaz
- Merry Merry Christmas, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Milk toast, Cee Bea