A trillion assorted snowflakes
Are catching and keeping the rhythm,
For musically magical, silently sailing starships.
And me, I'm sailing right with 'em.
We turn, double back, in mid-flight,
Our laughter festooning the wintery night.
Unlimited beams are contagiously bright,
Lovingly giving the gift that is right.
Now the starships' bells are ringing.
Their sails triumphantly winging.
They have touched me with their music,
And held me with their singing.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Assorted Snowflakes by Connie Yost )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie