assemblage of heavenly blue
The sky with its tinge of heavenly blue,
The sky which is coherent and true.
The sky so beautiful with its purplish face,
The sky that can conquer the human race.
The sky so sweet at lemonade,
The sky that can bring the earth an adolescent grade.
The sky that helps at the time of drought,
The sky that causes newborn seeds to sprout.
The sky that can bring crackling floods,
Doing so can shed a lot of blood.
The sky black and swollen near the river bank,
Hungry clusters of flower expecting all they can.
The drops of pelting water all hope for,
The sheets of rain showers already gone.
The sky with it protuberant legs stretched,
The sky that can get a house creshed.
Nikhil Parekh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (assemblage of heavenly blue by Nikhil Parekh )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I Miss You Dearly, Michael P. McParland
- Busy hands, Royston Allen
- Jealous, Beatrice Preti
- Remembrance, Beatrice Preti
- Arnold von Winkelried, James Montgomery
- Slow Down Some, Christian Hudak
- Petals at Night, Beatrice Preti
- Shattered Heart's Pain, Beatrice Preti
- Sonnet@, Morgan Michaels
- A shadow is weeping and praying,, Aftab Alam