Brewed wine, ingredient from the society
I drank and broken the rest of my graveyard
Alive I am, restlessness: a joy giver, a bard
Caring whole worlds: the grief and anxiety.
My thought, still you are in burning bricks
I don’t dare to put you out, in a solid phase
What stops me! fear, fright or life; what?
Wine up to brim, through tongue it drips,
Willing not to die but to take heat from the all
Strengthen me! As I promised peace for all
I will go high to see, all, from the above star
In thy sweet dream, I will sneak being so far.
O death how much clothes do you have to cover?
O fear from where thou come and over us hover?
O vision where thou lost? Can’t smell, can’t see
O life! ye the victim of time! O guest! I love thee.
All intoxicated with the race: caste creed and religion
Come to me, I will offer you drink of my relation
Untie the tongue knotted with intestine and ask?
Their reply, ’ give me water and food ‘and nothing- ask?
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ask by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena