Brewed wine, ingredient from the society
I drank and broken the rest of my graveyard
Alive I am, restlessness: a joy giver, a bard
Caring whole worlds: the grief and anxiety.
My thought, still you are in burning bricks
I don't dare to put you out, in a solid phase
What stops me! fear, fright or life; what?
Wine up to brim, through tongue it drips,
Willing not to die but to take heat from the all
Strengthen me! As I promised peace for all
I will go high to see, all, from the above star
In thy sweet dream, I will sneak being so far.
O death how much clothes do you have to cover?
O fear from where thou come and over us hover?
O My lost vision! Can't you capture, can't you see
O life! ye the victim of time! O guest! I love thee.
All intoxicated with the race: caste creed and religion
Come to me, I will offer you drink of my relation
Untie the tongue knotted with intestine and ask?
Their reply, ' give me water and food ‘and nothing- ask?
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ask by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Cowgirl, R. T. Smith
- Confession in a Booth at the Hollow Log .., R. T. Smith
- A Local Doc, over Rocky Lunchtime Bourbo.., R. T. Smith
- Please Know, Michael McParland
- Pity Party of One -or- I Never Got His N.., Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- She, Divya Singh
- The Garden, William Jay Smith
- The Flight, William Jay Smith
- Touch the Air Softly, William Jay Smith
- Dachshunds, William Jay Smith
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)