Ashes To Ashes
Feel the sound off the leaves.
Trees are talking with a whispering wind.
Deep are my roots against my shallow soul.
Giants fell in the shadow of giants.
Spiritually free beneath my mind as the prison.
Derailed by the brain which is lost to the sanctuary of my pain.
Seldom shivers in quantity.
Tears runs into rivers next to unforgiving warranties.
Driven by nothing into the darkness by something.
Will I survive again by the depth I am willing to dive.
Hide by day to shine with the stars.
Nightmares are hidden when displayed in the shade.
My thoughts are corrupt by the longest of drops.
Edged by a mountain with far too much snow.
Treacherous treasures are collected to stimulate my pleasures.
My heart beats with the flames where the fire bleeds.
Death needs the dead as for I crave my bed in the sanctuary of graves.
One wish can only become true by the death of one fallen star.
Ashes to ashes before dawn and dust.
Blood lust can never be healed by nails hammered into rust.
Unic Cjonr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ashes To Ashes by Unic Cjonr )
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)