Ashes To Ashes
Feel the sound off the leaves.
Trees are talking with a whispering wind.
Deep are my roots against my shallow soul.
Giants fell in the shadow of giants.
Spiritually free beneath my mind as the prison.
Derailed by the brain which is lost to the sanctuary of my pain.
Seldom shivers in quantity.
Tears runs into rivers next to unforgiving warranties.
Driven by nothing into the darkness by something.
Will I survive again by the depth I am willing to dive.
Hide by day to shine with the stars.
Nightmares are hidden when displayed in the shade.
My thoughts are corrupt by the longest of drops.
Edged by a mountain with far too much snow.
Treacherous treasures are collected to stimulate my pleasures.
My heart beats with the flames where the fire bleeds.
Death needs the dead as for I crave my bed in the sanctuary of graves.
One wish can only become true by the death of one fallen star.
Ashes to ashes before dawn and dust.
Blood lust can never be healed by nails hammered into rust.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ashes To Ashes by Unic Cjonr )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo