Ash to Ash
The shards of life piece together to make us incomplete,
Without rules we are lost in a maze of despair,
Trapped amongst the branches that hold us up,
But what do we do with all the evil clowns at the town fair.
The glass shatters behind closed doors as the skeletons are released,
Intoxicating the truth with a greater story than the one that has been told,
Correcting the little tests we take as the mistakes are never ignored,
And now these souls are being lost and sold.
Ash to ash, dust to dust, dancing in the shadows that save us,
These shadows call my name to reinvent this scene,
Exploding into orange as the sun will never rise again,
No longer able to pierce the clouds with the rays that used to gleam.
Painting the pictures that people hate but can't stop staring,
After dark we come out and are discreetly up to no good,
But what punishment is deserving of these unnoticeable crimes,
No reasons are given to those found dead in the woods.
Swimming on dark water to hear the call of a mythical beast,
Mistaken identity which caused us to create this shielded screen,
Screaming out in hope that someone might hear us,
But we are left in nature and in it's uncontrollable extremes.
Joanne Kearsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ash to Ash by Joanne Kearsey )
- Immutable entity, gajanan mishra
- A Child, Mihaela Pirjol
- Undercurrents, Michael Mira
- ~True Love ~, Aftab Alam
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Follower, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)