In the darkness that shades our sight is a godly guise.
It is effulgent in appearance but yet magical in spirit.
Glowing is their halo that it blinds our fragile eyes.
It is bestowed upon the earth as a generous merit.
Quiescent they hum like a morning hummingbird.
Their external gleam serves as our eternal refuge.
Their eternal message is in our faith to be heard.
In their presence lies no ominous subterfuge.
As gladiators they triumph over Satan's sleight.
They are warriors that strife with conviction.
I shall not tarry, but instead go forthright.
For they have come, to lead us into ascension.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ascension by Franc Rodriguez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty