As Long As It Takes
...I stand above, not that far...
I step down, my eyes gone crimson.
I crash to the floor, my tears creating a puddle.
My hands begin to quiver, unable to control...
...Wet, salty tears, enough to drown in...
I have no one, I am alone, and I am tired.
I have done so much harm, but it is like I cannot stop.
This is my resolution...
...It is no question, my rope is thinning...
I slowly gather myself, and lurch to my feet.
Cannot focus properly, I slump down to the floor.
Trying to regain myself, through my rushing tears...
...The die has been cast... waiting for the verdict...
I feel my heart... still beating away.
I wipe away my tears and get up.
Taking a deep breath, I stand strong...
...The roll completed, the face number... Four...
I slowly step back up, I grab onto it.
Fit my head through, and tighten.
I kick the chair away...
...'Number Four, the Asian homonym for... Death'...
'The Lord has forgiveness, but not for you my son, I am sorry.'
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (As Long As It Takes by Morgan Siegel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh