Li Ching Chao
As in a Dream
To the melody of "Ru Meng Lin"
Last night in the light rain as rough winds blew,
My drunken sleep left me no merrier.
I question one that raised the curtain, who
Replies: "The wild quince trees -- are as they were."
But no, but no!
Their rose is waning, and their green leaves grow.
Li Ching Chao's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As in a Dream by Li Ching Chao )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent
- Whipoorwill, Kyle Schlicher
- Turning Over Rocks, Kyle Schlicher
- I am Native American, Spiritwind Wood
- Now I Can See, Kyle Schlicher
- Behind My Pain, Spiritwind Wood
- The History Will Hide…, Rajesh Thankappan