Lawrence S. Pertillar
As Far As Truth And Reality Goes
What is it that they are protesting now?
'They are protesting against the affects,
Of their treasured entitlements...
They protested to keep protected.'
What they are doing makes absolutely no sense.
NOW they protest against what offends them?
It seems to me they are touched with a bit of insanity.
'It's best to ignore them.'
'They are the same people who fought for the right,
For their sons and daughters to create havoc...
Wherever they go day and night.
With a doing of their best obscenities.'
Didn't they once protest to 'get' these entitlements?
'Didn't you hear me say,
It is best to ignore them and walk away?
Everytime they come face to face with reality,
They either attempt to change it...
Or deny its existence.
And that is what we are now witnessing.'
I didn't hear the walk away part.
But as far as truth and reality goes?
You will still confront those same folks,
Who will find some excuse to oppose it.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As Far As Truth And Reality Goes by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline
- Who Will They Put In Charge of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- The Plow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Tales Of A Wife: She Wants To Stay, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Rest my case, Nassy Fesharaki