There's a certain sparkle illuminating the night,
Yet I should know it's a disguise.
Your kind has always lied through eyes
And pushed to the edge mankind.
Why would you even try
To seduce my inner pride?
It's enough to know nature presides
Over the momentum of life.
But again, why, when these lies
Are not but for the love of light?
Why, then, rejoice in captured might,
When you ultimately inject spite?
I suppose it's a struggle to survive.
Move on, Artificial Light.
Illuminate someone else's sky.
The night may not be bright,
But it's authentic in sight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Artificial Light by Edwin Cordero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey