Goes with greatness;
Comes of simplicity.
Talent that's cheapest
Thoughts that dive deepest
Rise radiant in clarity.
Life is rough:
Sing smoothly, O Bard.
To have _found_ life hard.
No record Art keeps
Of her travail and throes.
There is toil on the steeps,--
On the summits, repose.
William Watson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Art Maxims by William Watson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whitewashed Sepulchres, Babatunde Aremu
- The Eastern Star, Kate Harrington
- Foolish Ghosts, Pijush Biswas
- आदुंगारिनिसिम, Bahadur Basumatary
- Dancing on a Moonlit Night, Ronald Chapman
- Time For The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Lonely Rose, Ronald Chapman
- Grandmother Dickey, Kate Harrington
- Hey There Girl, Ronald Chapman
- Gone To Sleep, Kate Harrington