Goes with greatness;
Comes of simplicity.
Talent that's cheapest
Thoughts that dive deepest
Rise radiant in clarity.
Life is rough:
Sing smoothly, O Bard.
To have _found_ life hard.
No record Art keeps
Of her travail and throes.
There is toil on the steeps,--
On the summits, repose.
William Watson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Art Maxims by William Watson )
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister