What is art other than your point of view?
Your judgment, interest or boredom,
I sit you down as a group of strangers,
Look at this thing in front of you!
Look at its shape, does it touch you?
Does it move you at all?
Can you feel your life peeled away when you look,
Like a voyeur, the bystander to this accident,
Can you feel what I want you to feel?
Can you feel what everybody feels?
Where does it hurt you when you stare,
When you cannot move.
What do you see, what do you think?
And the next face behind you, what
Does he think or the woman with you?
What is art other than your hatred,
Your memories, your fears and scars,
Projected on me?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Art by Jan Hauck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Im sorry mom, claudia Fernandez
- Witless Innocence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sitters And Their Dreams, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- There Is Nothing I Can Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -64, Ronjoy Brahma
- Altar Of Angry Rebellion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Your Tranquilizing Love, Lilly Emery
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -63, Ronjoy Brahma
- Submerged Forever, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fear not the war, gajanan mishra