Joined with eternal
and they are used to define God.
Add them to
and we define the universe.
Yet we concede
that neither can be defined.
Then there is the human mind
unlimited in its potential
boundless in its imagination.
Are we so limited in our thinking
that the three being connected
is unimaginable to us?
Maybe God created the universe
to evolve the human mind
just to have someone to talk to?
Or maybe God is the universe
a spiritual incarnation of the physical
and the human mind
a bridge between the dimensions.
The possibilities are as infinite
and as eternal as the concepts themselves
yet in our attempts to define
we bind them and limit them.
Leaving me to think
the real unlimited
and boundless concept
is in fact
the arrogance of the human mind.
Joey Jones 4/2014
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arrogance by Joey Jones )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Crying Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- Ballad Of A Mothers Love, Kewayne Wadley
- Terrorist, Kewayne Wadley