Joined with eternal
and they are used to define God.
Add them to
and we define the universe.
Yet we concede
that neither can be defined.
Then there is the human mind
unlimited in its potential
boundless in its imagination.
Are we so limited in our thinking
that the three being connected
is unimaginable to us?
Maybe God created the universe
to evolve the human mind
just to have someone to talk to?
Or maybe God is the universe
a spiritual incarnation of the physical
and the human mind
a bridge between the dimensions.
The possibilities are as infinite
and as eternal as the concepts themselves
yet in our attempts to define
we bind them and limit them.
Leaving me to think
the real unlimited
and boundless concept
is in fact
the arrogance of the human mind.
Joey Jones 4/2014
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arrogance by Joey Jones )
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
- Complaining Of His Want Of Friends, Edward Hake
- No Gold No Goodnesse, Edward Hake
- Priyo keu nei, Golam Rashid
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns