Joined with eternal
and they are used to define God.
Add them to
and we define the universe.
Yet we concede
that neither can be defined.
Then there is the human mind
unlimited in its potential
boundless in its imagination.
Are we so limited in our thinking
that the three being connected
is unimaginable to us?
Maybe God created the universe
to evolve the human mind
just to have someone to talk to?
Or maybe God is the universe
a spiritual incarnation of the physical
and the human mind
a bridge between the dimensions.
The possibilities are as infinite
and as eternal as the concepts themselves
yet in our attempts to define
we bind them and limit them.
Leaving me to think
the real unlimited
and boundless concept
is in fact
the arrogance of the human mind.
Joey Jones 4/2014
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arrogance by Joey Jones )
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- This parts all without you, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)