Joined with eternal
and they are used to define God.
Add them to
and we define the universe.
Yet we concede
that neither can be defined.
Then there is the human mind
unlimited in its potential
boundless in its imagination.
Are we so limited in our thinking
that the three being connected
is unimaginable to us?
Maybe God created the universe
to evolve the human mind
just to have someone to talk to?
Or maybe God is the universe
a spiritual incarnation of the physical
and the human mind
a bridge between the dimensions.
The possibilities are as infinite
and as eternal as the concepts themselves
yet in our attempts to define
we bind them and limit them.
Leaving me to think
the real unlimited
and boundless concept
is in fact
the arrogance of the human mind.
Joey Jones 4/2014
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arrogance by Joey Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Holy Book, Tony Adah